The last big beams to get up were the three connecting the timber shed frame to the portal.

These were all small (hah!) enough to do with one lift, but it didn’t go quite as smoothly as hoped – dramas with bolts, holes, flanges and other fun things. Beams had to be trimmed (I ordered them a little long to cover against 10mm variations either way), holes drilled in steel, lots of working at heights.

End of the day we got the three beams up:

so it’s a win, and I’ll take it – it’s a long way from the most frustrating day I’ve had. 🙂

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *